HOPE FOR THE BROKEN HEART


 

May 4, 2023


Lamentations 2:11

I have cried until the tears no longer come; my heart is broken.

Lamentations 3:19-24

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”




The words above are from the “weeping Prophet” Jeremiah, this, I believe is something clearly visible as you read today’s passage. He’s cried so much that there’s nothing left. That’s heartbreak don’t you think? I think many of us have had experiences in our lives where we feel like we have run out of tears.

God through his word has included the stories of His faithful ones and their times of emotional distress so we would know that we are not alone in such moments.

Depression, anxiety and even thoughts of self harm can come to even the most faithful believer.

I want to remind us all, that God is merciful, gracious and empathizes with those difficult parts of our stories, with what you may be going through right now. Do not miss what our reading is saying to us. Lamentations reminds us that even in the deepest and darkest moments, when we feel we have nothing left, God’s compassion never fails. We observe that despite his deep despair, Jeremiah proclaims the faithfulness of the Lord. That is “Faith seeking Understanding.”

I believe with all my heart that there no situation that is ever completely hopeless when God is in the equation. Open the door and invite God in today.


Romans 15:13

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE