COMFORT ABOUNDS

 


JUNE 1, 2023


2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

When you consider situations that you and I may find ourselves in that we simply feel we cannot handle, today’s passage gives great insight. 

First it tells us that God comforts us in all our troubles. Now that is good news, isn’t it. Then the passage goes further to say that there is an awesome outcome from our troubled places. It is this that from our receiving God’s comfort, we can then comfort others who are going through the same kind, or similar troubles. “For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.”

What is your deepest hurt, trouble, or obstacle?

And how has God helped you through that?


I have always found such encouragement in these words of the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 1:3-5. That in my most difficult struggles, God’s comfort is mine, but also that through my experiences of trouble and God’s comfort, God uses that in my life to be a blessing to others who are struggling in life. This is a great honor. 

Today let us consider the following:

Is it possible that there is someone going through something similar to what you have, that you can encourage?

Sometimes, in trying circumstances we feel alone in our suffering. Just knowing that someone has been there and survived can be of great hope and encouragement.

God may very well want to use your suffering to help another through their suffering.

May our response be “Here I AM, Lord …. Send me, Use me.”

The hymn writer captures this well,

I Will Hold The Christ Light For You
In The Night-Time Of Your Fear
I Will Hold My Hand Out To You
Speak The Peace You Long To Hear

Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE