THE CONSOLATION THAT BRINGS JOY


 

MAY 11, 2023




Psalm 94:19

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.




Anxiety is a joy robber. It extracts every ounce of delight and pleasure from our lives. It can come suddenly out of nowhere and initiate what would have been a happy day or experience to be “dashed against the rocks.”

Take notice what today’s passage says. God’s consolation can bring us joy. When we allow the God of the universe to console and comfort us, we can return to joy. I know, I know, that at times, this may seem impossible when we are in the place where fear and anxiety take over. Please, let me remind you what Jesus said, and the Bible teaches that with God, all things are possible. ALL THINGS!!

Here is the problem we encounter, the Bible talks about one “who is like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour”, that is the enemy (Satan). You see our soul’s enemy wants to use anxiety (fear) in our life to pull us away from others and from God. Just like any predatory animal will do when they are on the hunt. Haven’t you seen those videos where the predator seeks to separate his victim from the safety and security of the pack. Have you ever noticed how fear and anxiety does that? It separates you from God and from others, a community who might be able to help you. Anxiety and the fears and thoughts that go with it drags us into a place of hopelessness.

That’s why it’s so important to understand God’s comfort and consolation, an experience of interior joy, consisting in the knowledge that God’s presence is with you. God, more than any other, has the remedy for that which troubles your soul. It is God who ultimately eases our sorrows.

Will you let Him provide the comfort and consolation you need?




Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE