CONTRASTS


 





May 3, 2023


Psalm 6:6-7

“I am worn out from sobbing. All night I flood my bed with weeping, drenching it with my tears. My vision is blurred by grief...”


Psalm 103:2-5 

Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.




David may be one of the more emotional people in the Bible. If you follow his story and his poetry and songs you will notice that he experiences the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. And thankfully for us, he writes about it all!

Our two passages today show us the contrast of his thinking. We may not be able to understand why David goes through such conflicting thoughts, or why you or those you love may experience the same thought struggle, but here is what we can know, we can know the strength that our God provides in the middle of all our restless thoughts and in the ups and downs of living.

I’m reminded of the Bible’s revelation in Psalm 139:7-12 of God’s continued presence no matter where we find ourselves:

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.


Today, I just wanted to remind you that God is always present, and “He will never leave you or forsake you.” Meditate on this great truth today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE