3.10.24

LET THEM!

 


October 4, 2024

1 Thessalonians 3:12


“And may the Lord make your love for one another and for all people grow and overflow, just as our love for you overflows 


Knowing that you are loved is a wonderful feeling. It means so much to have others who care for you, pray for you, and desire for you to enjoy spiritual growth, contentment, and the fullness of life that God provides.

As we conclude our series today, I wanted to end with this: when people want to love you… let them. Let them bless you. Let them give you advice. Let them encourage you. Let them pray for you. Let them serve you. Let them love you.

Generally, thats hard to do isn't it? I have known many people over the years that are exceptional at loving others, yet, have a resistance to receiving love from others. I'm like that, are you? Now there are many reasons that we find it hard to receive love from others. Here are few I have encountered with people I know:

  • A Trauma in their life creates a protective shield around them
  • Low Self Esteem - feeling undeserving of love
  • A Sign of Weakness - in the need of letting others in
  • Past relational and emotional wounds - betrayals, hurt, and dissapointment in others

The list is a long one, as varied as we are different from one another. It is an interesting reality, great at showing love but receiving love that is a whole other story. Letting others love us, does mean some vulnerability that makes most people uneasy. Here is what I have experienced in letting others love me, letting others "in", by allowing someone see me for who I am, I have gained access to a world of fulfillment, joy, creativity, and love. We all can!!

As has been true for all the "One-Anothering" we have looked at there are two sides, each one goes both ways, You "One-Anothering" others and others "One-Anothering" you.

So, when people want to love you,… let them!!


As the David Haas song goes

Will you let me be your servant?
Let me be as Christ to you
Pray that I may have the grace
To let you be my servant too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MEDITATE on these SIMPLE TRUTHS

  October 16, 2024 Matthew 6:21  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Ecclesiastes 4:6    Better is a handful of quiet...