PRAISE HIM IN ADVANCE

SEPTEMBER 27, 2022





Psalm 30:11,12

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent.

Psalm 30 provides a beautiful picture of the God who spared the author of the psalm from falling into a pit and healed and restored them. It is an honest picture of the ups and downs of life and a relationship that survives both the positives and negatives. The Psalm writer recognizes God’s actions in bringing them out of the difficulties of life.

In our culture,  the ‘self-made person’ is revered and individualism is prized, Psalm 30 offers us a refreshing picture of life in relationship with our loving creator. (You may want to read all of Psalm 30) May you be blessed with the vision to recognize God’s hand in your circumstances and give praise and thanks to the One whose "anger lasts only a moment but whose favor lasts a lifetime." Remember, “Weeping may linger for the night, but joy comes with the morning.”

I recently, discovered a song called Praise Him in Advance. I believe it fits with the spirit of Psalm 30. If you have the time, give it a listen.




 Let Us Pray


Dear Lord, when things are good, help me praise and acknowledge you. When things are difficult, help me be honest and turn to you with confidence that you will be with me. I place myself in your hands. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE