PAUSE to PRAY

 


Over the last year I participated in a group called "HEARTS EXCHANGED." It was a study of the relationship between Indigenous People and Non Indigenous People and the "road to reconciliation."

I learned much!! As a pastor I was drawn to the rich spirituality of Indigenous People and in particular those who are "Christ followers." Today I would like to share some prayers that have been part of my daily prayers, for the last several months. Prayers that I have learned from Indigenous Sisters and Brothers. 

I invite you to read them slowly and reflectively and let God's spirit speak into your hearts today on this "ORANGE SHIRT DAY." 

Pastor Darrell



A Prayer for Bravery

Creator Father, help me to understand that because you are as close to me as my breath, I may be brave. May your Spirit give me the courage to face challenges and circumstances with the confidence that your power for me is greater than death and all evil. Meegwetch*. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Meegwetch is Algonquin for "Thank You."

A Prayer For Humility

Creator Father, give me the true humility that understands you made me as part of your sacred creation. Fill my heart with the joy of being your child. Help me humbly affirm myself as your child through my words and actions with all my fellow creatures. Meegwetch. In Christ’s name. Amen.

A Prayer for Wisdom

Creator Father, protect me from ignorance and foolishness. Bless me with the desire to learn the truth at all times. Increase my knowledge of your creation and your teachings. Fill my heart with love for wisdom so that I may share the light of your teachings. Meegwetch. In Christ’s name. Amen.

A Prayer for Truth

Creator Father, give me love that I may have peace. Help me to respect and honour all creatures. Encourage me so that I may bravely speak honestly and live with integrity. Grant me the humility to know that I am your child so that I will cherish your teachings. Meegwetch. In Christ’s name. Amen.

A Prayer for Honesty

Creator Father, purify my heart so that my tongue may speak the truth with love. May your Spirit lead me so that the honesty of my words and the integrity of my actions will bring praise to you, bless others, nurture creation and affirm myself as your child. Meegwetch. In Christ’s name. Amen.

A Prayer For Love

Creator Father, help me to love you with all of my spirit, mind, heart and strength. Help me to love all creatures as I love myself. May your Spirit purify and strengthen my love so that I may have peace with you, my family, other creatures and all creation. Meegwetch. In Christ’s name. Amen.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE