OH, GIVE IT A REST

 SEPTEMBER 26, 2022




Matthew 11:28-30

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, my burden’s light.




“Give it a rest”, has anyone ever said that to you? Have you spoken that into a person's life? This expression is an informal way of saying, “Stop talking about it.” Ok, it basically means "Shut Up". The expression reveals an attitude that communicates I just can’t be bothered with you right now. So, "give it a rest!"

I wonder how many of us approach God, expecting that same rejection, That God is going to respond with "give it a rest." I sometimes have these thoughts because my prayers can be repetitive, praying the same petitions and intercessions day after day. Do you fear asking the Lord for anything because you feel like you are asking the same things in prayer, or do you believe that you are unworthy, not "perfect" enough, and therefore God just can’t be bothered with you?


Jesus counters this fear in Matthew 11:28, saying, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” He doesn’t say, “Give it a rest. I can’t be bothered with you.” You see God urges you to come and receive His undivided attention. Our God is gentle and humble, God provides his people with comfort. As God responds to our prayers and longings, we learn from and about Him. God offers grace and mercy to us. The world says, “Give it a rest”; but our loving God says, “I’ll give you rest.” Please hear this: God will never reject you, and He’s never too busy to hear your prayers, and your deepest longings, even if there are little changes in them daily. God continues to say "Come to Me"!! Today let us remember this and enter into God's rest; He’s waiting.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE