CHARACTER MATTERS

 SEPTEMBER 02, 2022



Psalm 86:1-13

1 Hear me, Lord, and answer me,
for I am poor and needy.
2 Guard my life, for I am faithful to you;
save your servant who trusts in you.
You are my God; 3 have mercy on me, Lord,
for I call to you all day long.
4 Bring joy to your servant, Lord,
for I put my trust in you.

5 You, Lord, are forgiving and good,
abounding in love to all who call to you.
6 Hear my prayer, Lord;
listen to my cry for mercy.
7 When I am in distress, I call to you,
because you answer me.

8 Among the gods there is none like you, Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.
9 All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.
10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God.

11 Teach me your way, Lord,
that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart;
I will glorify your name forever.
13 For great is your love toward me;
you have delivered me from the depths,
from the realm of the dead.


1 Samuel 2:2

2 “There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock like our God.


Isaiah 46:9-10

9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.
10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say, ‘My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.’


Revelation 4:8-11

8 Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“‘Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,’
who was, and is, and is to come.”

9 Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, 10 the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:

11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”



To know God is to know and trust His character. Who is He? Through God’s Word, the Holy Spirit reveals to us the heart of God in the most beautiful of words and ways. In our reading today, we learn that God hears us, protects us, and brings mercy and joy. He is forgiving, good, and abounding in love. He is holy, holy, holy and there is none like Him. Pause for a moment and praise Him for who He is; who you know Him to be in your own life.

Consider who He is through the revelation of His story in the biblical narrative and worship Him.

He is Creator, Redeemer, Restorer, Rebuilder. He is the Passover Lamb, Deliverer, and Atoning Sacrifice. He is Prophet, Priest, and King. He is Sovereign, Shepherd, Burden Bearer, Waymaker, Miracle worker, Promise Keeper, and Rebuilder of walls. He is God with us and for us. He is the Way, the Truth, the Life, the Resurrection. He is Faithful, Just, Pure, Good, and Righteous. He is the Light of the World and the Bread of Life. He is your Wonderful Counselor, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. There is none like You, Lord!

Continue in worship of Him by declaring who is He or who you need Him to be in your life right now. His beauty and power are limitless.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE