SURRENDERING the UNKNOWNS

 



AUGUST 23, 2023


Isaiah 55:8-9

 

“‘For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,’ declares the Lord ‘As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.’”

 

Giving God the Unknowns

 

Life is full of unknowns and question marks. I find it can be easy to fall into worry and even fear about the future. I have learned over time, that we don’t have to live life in a cycle of fear and worry, we can grow to trust God, and learn the practice of surrendering to him the unknowns in our lives.

It is in these times that we need to call to mind who God is and what God promises to each of us. For example, we remember that God is all-knowing. God has knowledge of the past, present and the future. Truth is God knows more about the world and you and me, then we ever could. We sometimes say that “God knows us better than we know ourselves.” We can look at the unknowns in our lives, the uncertainties that cause us to fret, fear and worry and remind ourselves that what is unknown to us is known to our Good, and Loving God. So, we can open our heart and hands and let things go into God’s care.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Our understanding is limited, our knowledge is incomplete. God’s is not, and when we trust God with the stuff of living, we can have a peace that passes understanding, about the path ahead of us. You see, we don’t have to surrender all the unknowns and worries all at once, we can take each day one at a time. Trusting and giving God each one, minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day. Being mindful of Jesus words, “do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”  Matthew 6:34

As Jesus followers may we grow and learn to live and trust God in the midst of the unknown and find the peace that passes our understanding.

 

“The Lord is my light and my salvation — whom shall I fear? 

The Lord is the stronghold of my life — of whom shall I be afraid?” 

Psalm 27:1


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE