WALK WITH ME

 


JUNE 29, 2023

 


Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

 

Well, the day has just begun and I'm already running late
With too many irons in the fire and too much on my plate

I'd be pulling out my hair if I could just get one hand free
And I'd stop this world if I could find the key


STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, (King of the Jungle)

 


Do you ever get tired of trying to do it all? Running, running, running, packing as much stuff into each day as you can. The pace. Is. Exhausting.


Maybe early summer is the time to be reminded "running, running, running" is not the life Jesus has intended for us. Jesus invites us to live in the space of the unforced rhythms of grace. Jesus wants us to live free and lightly. Regrettably, that kind of life is counter-cultural to the way of life our world pushes us into each day, therefore, it takes planned, deliberate, purposeful, and intentional choices to live this way of Jesus.

The next couple of days let us dive deeper into how we might find the unforced rhythms of grace that Jesus wants for us. It all starts by responding to Jesus invitation "Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it."

REFLECT

What does a typical day in your life look like? Pause take out your calendar and review the last 3 days. 

How much time do you really have for stillness?


“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE