STANDING IN THE RIGHT PLACE

 DECEMBER 30, 2022




Philippians 4:9

9 Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

John 14:27

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 15:5

5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Isaiah 32:17

“The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.” 



Righteousness is a biblical, theological word that at its simplest definition means right-ness, as in standing in the “right” place with God.

How do we know we are standing in that right place? Simply, it’s when we have peace—Peace. Confident Peace that transcends every circumstance, every conflict, every difficult and dark place. The right place is abiding with Jesus, being Jesus followers living by His truth and His righteousness. Personally, I have found in my journey, that when life is somewhat in turmoil, disordered and chaotic and missing peace, it is usually because I have stepped away from abiding in the Prince of Peace. This unrest I feel is because instead of trusting my faithful saviour I take over and try to run things my way, instead of resting in him. Does this ever happen to you?

Paul tells us in Colossians 3:15 to “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts…” It’s an instruction to rest in Jesus and his gift of Peace. That “Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:7) This peace keeps us standing in the right place.

Jesus humbly entered the world as the Prince of Peace and His lasting gift to us is His peace-filled presence by the Holy Spirit.

As we have been saying this week, peace is not just a perfect scene, a place without noise and difficulties, or only a feeling. Peace is a gift; Peace is a Person.

Let us rest in God’s Peace.

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.                          John 14:27

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE