A GOOD PLACE TO START

 


September 9, 2010



Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.”


1 Peter 4:10

“God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another”

 


Over the next few days in our One-Anothering series we are going to examine what it means to serve one another. When we think about the act of serving, we need to remember that there are two sides to serving. While it’s important that we serve others, it is equally important to let others serve us. “Sister, Brother, let me be your servant let me be as Christ to you, Pray that I would have the grace to let you be my servant too”, we often sing.

I believe God designed us to need others. We need others in our life to help us grow, think, feel, and do what God has called us to do. I wonder if there are people in our life who we are perfectly designed to bless, encourage, and serve. You bring to their table exactly what they need. On the other hand, there are people in our life that are exactly what we need. They bring to our table exactly what we need. That is a good thing for us to ponder today.

Our verse today says that we each have been given a gift that we are to use in the act of serving others. Our key verse this week is this: “God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another.” We want to reflect together about some basic truths in regard to serving others.

Today, let us think about two things.

First, who is there in your network of relationships that you are “exactly what they need”?

Second, who is there in your network of relationships that are “exactly what you need”?

Take some time with this, some introspection might be required. It will be worthwhile I promise. This week as we look at “serving one another” it is my prayer that we would grow in our relationship with God, and others.

 

LET US PRAY

Give me the heart of a servant,
Tender and faithful and true.
Fill me with love, then use me, O Lord,
So that the world can see You. ..

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BE ENCOURAGED

IT WAS VERY GOOD

BE EASY ON PEOPLE