WE NEED THIS

 


JANUARY 18, 2024




John 6:32-35

Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, it is not Moses who has given you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” “Sir,” they said, “always give us this bread.” Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.



Jesus understood that we as humans have an impulse to survive and that we need nourishment, food and water to live. Jesus uses this basic of human instinct to capture a necessary and powerful picture of our dependence and reliance on something beyond ourselves for survival. By calling Himself “the bread of life” (John 6:35), Jesus reveals to us who He is, Jesus exposes what we need, and then declares “I AM” the answer to your need.

We all have two kinds of hunger, physical and spiritual, and both must be sustained for a fulfilling life. In our reading today, Jesus announces that He is the bread of life, the one who satisfies us daily and for all time. He is the foundation for our ultimate satisfaction in life.

“I am the bread of life.
Whoever comes to me will never go hungry,
and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”


Let us all come to him today, our Bread of Heaven, and find our soul's satisfaction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE