TRUE QUIET

 FEBRUARY 15, 2023



Zephaniah 3:17

The Lord your God in your midst,
The Mighty One will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.”



The above Bible reading has so many beautiful truths in it. On Monday we looked at how God longs to lavish His love upon us and draw us close to His heart. Today we are looking at some other truths which represent His heart too, from the scripture above. I want us to look at the phrase “He will quiet you with His love.”

These words speak to me in a life that can be noisy. Cruel circumstances can make the heart feel messy and loud. Rest can be elusive when you are hurting. Stress can be deafening. A demanding schedule can make a life disordered. Confusion can fade the peace of the quiet. Yes, life can be noisy; and no one is immune.

I wonder if life has become noisy for you lately, perhaps these words will help guide you to the True Quiet we all need.

We underestimate God’s love; maybe not all of the time, but some of the time. If we are not careful, we put God’s love in a box we carry around that can distort the truth of God’s love for us. I know from experience that sometimes the pressures of living cause me to underestimate God’s love. When this happens, the heart can become restless and chaotic; life can become noisy.

It is in these moments that I am grateful for the guidance of God’s word that helps me see beyond my feelings and a thought life that seems prone to wonder from the God I know. The Bible makes it abundantly clear that God’s love is without measure. God’s love is high, wide, long, and deep (Ephesians 3:17-19).

God’s love is larger than what we can possibly conceive; yet, as I read recently, “is perfectly able to fill the tiniest corners of our heart.” Think about his love, God’s faithful love, the one who looks after the expanse of the heavens and the smallest of sparrows, are the same faithful hands that take care of you and me!

The prophet Zephaniah was led to write the words, “he will quiet you with his love” to a people under threat. To a people in captivity. To a people, dearly loved, but deeply hurting. In the prophet’s words are a message of hope. Hope for the homeless; hope for the desperate; hope for the faithless; and hope for the broken. “God’s love is for the weary within the dreary of life.” God’s love is for the faithful and obedient. His love exists for all of us.

In the chaos of your day, quiet your heart. Listen to the song of love that God sings for his children. Listen to the words meant just for you. God’s love quiets your life.

If you stop and listen, you will hear Him “rejoice over you with singing.” Today, rest in the knowledge that He loves you and truly desires the best for you!

PRAY WITH ME

LORD, quiet my heart, with your love,
Pull me close; hold me tight.
Wipe every tear; hush every anxious word,
Comfort me; calm my breathing.
Whisper my name.
Trace my smile; delight in me.
Examine the things I bring before you; search me.
Clean my thoughts; make my heart sparkle.
Show me love that only the eyes of my heart can see.
Slow my day; lead me to be still before you,
Sing over me.
God as only you can, quiet my heart, with your love. 
Amen.

(This prayer is Taken from Jo Crosby's "Heart Love")


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE