THE TIME IS NOW


 

FEBRUARY 4, 2022


BIBLE READINGS


Haggai 2:18-23

18‘From this day on, from this twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, give careful thought to the day when the foundation of the Lord’s temple was laid. Give careful thought: 19Is there yet any seed left in the barn? Until now, the vine and the fig tree, the pomegranate and the olive tree have not borne fruit. “ ‘From this day on I will bless you.’ ” 20The word of the Lord came to Haggai a second time on the twenty-fourth day of the month: 21“Tell Zerubbabel governor of Judah that I am going to shake the heavens and the earth. 22I will overturn royal thrones and shatter the power of the foreign kingdoms. I will overthrow chariots and their drivers; horses and their riders will fall, each by the sword of his brother. 23“ ‘On that day,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘I will take you, my servant Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will make you like my signet ring, for I have chosen you,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”


Romans 13:11-12

11And do this, understanding the present time: The hour has already come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. 12The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.


2 Corinthians 6:2

2For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

THE TIME IS NOW



I read one time the following: "Sometimes we overestimate what God will do in the short term and underestimate what He will do in the long term." What do think, do you do that? Here is something I keep learning, that when God makes promises, He never breaks them. In Haggai’s time, the people were disappointed and ready to quit when they didn’t see the immediate results they expected. Sounds very familiar doesn't it? Hits close to home for many of us.


REFLECT


As you think about the scriptures above here are a few questions to ponder.

What “seed” is still in the “barn” in your life?


What are your hopes?


What harvest are you looking forward to?


A FINAL THOUGHT


The way I see it, God has chosen us, just like He chose Zerubbabel to lead in Haggai’s time. What a special picture to be a signet ring, an emblem of God’s identity. When we give our hearts to Him fully, we carry His identity. How will you recommit yourself to building up your spiritual strength? The time is now.

PRAYER


God, I’m willing to wait to see results on Your timing, but I’m ready to do Your work now.


Thank You, Jesus, for giving Your life to include me as a builder of our Father’s house. Amen.

CHALLENGE

Commit to start each day by praying, “God, what will we do together today?”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE