CENTERED on WHAT?

 


FEBRUARY 8, 2022


BIBLE READING

JEREMIAH 24:7

“I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.” 

 

 CENTERED ON WHAT?


We were made for relationship with our Creator. “We were made to know and be known by him.” This truth defines our identity and our behaviors. This truth is meant to lay the foundation on which we live, think, feel, and act.

I believe we would all confess today that we have lived with wrong things at the center of our lives. I know that I have.  Here is what I found, when my life is centered on self-focused pursuits, like earthly success, admiration of others, identity in my work,  (you add yours), I only found disappointment, exhaustion, and unfulfilled desires. Not the greatest outcomes!!

God says to each of us, there is another way. God says that we can stop this self-c3entered pursuit and start enjoying life centered on intimacy with our Creator. Jeremiah 24:7 says, “I will give them a heart to know that I am the Lord, and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.”  We are created to live out of the powerful knowledge that our God is real, knowable, loves us, and is closer to us than we think.

What you need to be reminded of today, me too is that

You were made to live with the knowledge of God’s love in every life moment You were made to taste and see that your God is good.

You were made to live in communion with your Creator, that every moment would be filled with the abundance of his presence.

You were made to know that God has life for you. He has love for you. He desires the best for you. God wants your heart.

Today let’s center our life around relationship with him. Let’s root and ground ourselves in his unceasing love and faithfulness. I really, really believe that when we take that step, our lives will be forever changed as we set your eyes (center, focus) on the author and perfecter of our faith (Hebrews 12:2).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE