REFRESH MY HEART LORD

 



 FEBRUARY 28, 2022


Psalm 139:23-24 

23Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! 24And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting!

 

Psalm 147:3 

3He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

 

Psalm 23:3 

3He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake

 

Jeremiah 32:17 

17‘Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.


REFRESH MY HEART, LORD

 



The term ‘refresh’ assumes that a person was ‘fresh’ at some point. Refresh is a verb that means to restore something that has been lost or diminished. In this case, freshness. So, the first question we must ask is, does your spirit need to be refreshed?

I will take the risk of believing that for many, perhaps most, alright, probably all of us, we thirst for a refreshment of our spirit. So let us seek with faith and joy the refreshment that God so dearly desires for us.

Our verses above remind us of God’s “refreshing role”, “he restores our soul”, “He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds”, He leads us “in the way everlasting”, and his ability to do this rests in who God is, the Creator for whom “nothing is too hard.”

If you are like me, you are likely in need of being refreshed. Life is tough, cares, stress, responsibilities, can drain us. I know for many of you the last 24 months has been deeply difficult, and disturbing, our spiritual supplies have been drained. I feel spiritually drained as I write this thinking about the unrest and conflict in our world, So lets pray together today, as fellow believers for God’s promise of refreshing to fall on us.

 

 


A PRAYER OF REFRESHMENT

God,

I want to step into all that You have for me with boldness and confidence. But if I’m being honest, I’m uncertain of what the future will hold—and that can feel unsettling.

Search me, God, and refresh my heart.

Right now, please help me to surrender my expectations, and transform my mind as I draw near to You.

Search me, God, and align my heart with Yours.

As I pursue the plans You have for me, let me remember what You’ve already helped me overcome. You have already made a way for me to know You. You have already made a way for me to experience eternal life with You. Nothing is too hard for You!

Search me, God, and heal my heart.

Whatever the future holds, I know You hold me. Nothing is impossible for You.

Restore me, God, and make me new.

In Jesus’ name,

Amen.


TAKE AWAY

Now re-read this prayer out loud. After you read each bolded statement, spend 30 seconds in complete silence. During that time, pay attention to any words, ideas, or pictures that God gives you.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE