YOU ARE FREE


 

FEBRUARY 2, 2022


BIBLE READINGS


Haggai 2:5-9 NIV

5‘This is what I covenanted with you when you came out of Egypt. And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.’ 6“This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7I will shake all nations, and what is desired by all nations will come, and I will fill this house with glory,’ says the Lord Almighty. 8‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the Lord Almighty. 9‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the Lord Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

Exodus 6:6-7

6“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. 7I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.


YOU ARE FREE




As I was thinking about our readings today, the words of the Apostle Paul kept going through my mind. THose words found in Galatians 5:1 "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."

In verse 5 above, Haggai recalls a time when God’s people were slaves in Egypt, and God set them free. Today I have a short exercise for us, that I believe will help us to remember the "freedom that Christ has set us free" from.


REFLECT

What has God set you free from in the past?




What do you need God to shake loose from you right now?




Where do you need His glory to be revealed to you?




Are there areas of your life where you need to experience more freedom?




Where do you need to experience more of His peace?




Prayer

God, will You reveal Your glory, freedom, and peace in the weakest parts of me? Lord, continue to show me these parts that need to be rebuilt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE