I GOTTA BE ME!!


 



FEBRUARY 10, 2021




PSALM 139:13


“For you formed my inward parts;

you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.”


I GOTTA BE ME!!



I want to start off today with something I often say when officiating a wedding. Standing in front of me are a Bride and Groom, who have said that the person standing beside them is the choice of their heart to spend their life together. They are in the words of scripture the “two becoming one.” Beautiful isn’t it? Yet, I also add this to what I say,

Real love is something beyond the warmth and glow, the excitement and romance of being deeply in love. It is caring as much about the welfare and happiness of your marriage partner as about your own. But real love is not total absorption in each other; it is looking outward in the same direction --together. Love makes burdens lighter because you divide them. It makes joys more intense because you share them. It makes you stronger so you can reach out and become involved with life in ways you dared not risk alone.

It is something like this that happens when we Open our hearts to God, there is a beauty, a oneness, a unity that results, but this does not mean that who you are, your uniqueness as a person somehow disappears.

You see, God will never ask you to be anyone other than who you are. He’s not asking you to be just like other believers. He’s not asking you to copy those around you that seem to be well-liked or accepted. In other words, God doesn’t spend time trying to cover up who we are. Rather, God devotes himself to uncovering who we truly are—who he made us to be.

Psalm 119:13 says, “For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.” God formed you wonderfully and uniquely. He gave you a personality, gifts and abilities, and a calling all your own.

God looks past all the exteriors we create to try and fit in. He sees through all our efforts to cover up what makes us unique and different. He sees us for who we really are women and men fully loved and accepted by our Creator.

Craig Dennison writes the following:

“Discovering your identity begins with a journey with God to your heart. If you’re wondering who you truly are, you need not look past yourself, but rather, with the Holy Spirit, take an honest look at yourself. Don’t shy away from your insecurities. Don’t shy away from that which makes you different. Allow God to reveal how he sees you. Allow him to reveal to you the true desires of your heart. And allow him to lay a secure foundation for you built on his unconditional love that you might live vulnerably and honestly.”


Today, allow God to reveal how he sees you. Ask him how he has formed you and made you unique. And allow him to empower you to be yourself today.


___________________________



BONUS

Reflect on some of these scriptures as you prayer fully come before God today.



1. Psalm 139:13-14 You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. I will give thanks to you because I have been so amazingly and miraculously made. Your works are miraculous, and my soul is fully aware of this.


2. Psalm 119:73-74 You made me; you created me. Now give me the sense to follow your commands. May all who fear you find in me a cause for joy, for I have put my hope in your word.


3. Isaiah 64:8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.


4. Matthew 10:29-31 What is the price of two sparrows–one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.


5. Jeremiah 1:4-5 The LORD gave me this message: “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born, I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”


6. Psalm 139:16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE