6.10.24

ENTER the PASSWORD

 


“The Bible tells us that whenever we come before God, 

whatever our purpose or prayer request, 

we are always to come with a thankful heart.”


October 7, 2024


 

Psalm 100:4

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    
give thanks to him and praise his name.

John 15:5

“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

 

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

 

 

In the kingdom of God, thanksgiving is not just an act, but a way of life. Being thankful is a defining trait for followers of Jesus Christ. As Jesus said, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing" (John 15:5 NIV). Our connection to Jesus allows His life to flow into ours through the Holy Spirit, enabling us to model Jesus's life on Earth. His life, characterized by thankfulness, resulted in a ministry filled with love, compassion, care, and miracles.

 In Psalm 100, we are called to  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.” I like reading different Bible translations when I am studying a passage of scripture. I found Psalm 100:4 rather interesting in the Message.  Here is what it says, “Enter with the password: “Thank you!” Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank him. Worship him.” 

Now that is contemporary isn’t it? We know a lot about passwords today don’t we. If you are like me, I am always trying to remember security passwords for a variety of online sites that I use. Psalm 100:4 says that Thank You is our password into God’s presence, and it unlocks the door to discovering God’s amazing works in our world and in our lives.  

The Apostle Paul emphasized that thanksgiving is essential in our Christian walk, not merely optional. He instructed, "In every situation, give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:18).

Today, we are called to follow Jesus and approach God with a life filled with thankfulness and gratitude.

Beth, my wife, shared with me about someone she frequently prays with who starts each prayer with, "We thank you, God, for all your goodness to us." That's wonderful, isn't it? Such a beautiful way to begin a prayer, and indeed, a beautiful way to lead a life, in gratitude.

 

                                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment

MEDITATE on these SIMPLE TRUTHS

  October 16, 2024 Matthew 6:21  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Ecclesiastes 4:6    Better is a handful of quiet...