YOU ARE GOD'S

 JANUARY 19, 2023



Isaiah 43:1b

Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine.



Dietrich Bonhoeffer, a Lutheran pastor and lecturer during the time of the German Nazi regime, was thrown into prison and would later be executed for his involvement in a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler. While behind bars, Bonhoeffer wrote a poem to express his inner turmoil called ‘Who am I?’. In it, he said that, on the one hand, he appeared at peace and strong, knowing he was in God’s hands and that, ultimately, nothing could harm him. On the other hand, behind bars, he felt unsettled and caged, hungering for freedom, safety, and his loved ones.

Does this experience sound familiar to you? You rest assured in the hands of God, yet you also can’t help but feel restless because of something big going on in your life. In the messy in between time we wrestle with our faith, that turmoil is part of, as the scriptures say, being refined in the fire
.

Bonhoeffer’s poem concludes with the words, ‘Whoever I am, you know, O Lord, I am yours’. Let today’s words through the prophet Isaiah be your daily reminder of God’s love and commitment: ‘Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are mine’.

Isn’t that a comforting promise?

LET US PRAY

Gracious God, I shall not fear for you have redeemed me. You have called me by name, and I am yours. Thank you for what you have done for me. Would you Draw me close to you today and reassure me of your presence when life becomes chaotic, confused, and uncertain. I know you will never let me go. Amen.


Revelation 7:12

Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE