YES and AMEN!

 JANUARY 5, 2023




1 Corinthians 1:20


All of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!”
And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.
He has anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit,
guaranteeing what is to come. Amen!


2 Peter 1:4

[God] "has given us his very great and precious promises"


There is no greater source of hope than God’s faithful declaration to be close to each and everyone of us. Over and over our God declares “I will be with you.” That is our Creator's promise. Today I want to remind you of an important truth which is: “God is Closer than you Think!”

As children of the true and living God, our confidence is founded on God’s promise to be near, close, with us, for us, among us. This "presence" reality should be at the core of our hope. This is indeed one of those "great and precious promises" that are "Yes ... through Christ."

As we make space for God’s presence today, I pray that he fills us with a new measure of hope that is based on the reality that we are not alone, God is with us. Know that this presence of God gives us strength and courage in life. I am reminded of Joshua and God's promise to him as he assumed leadership of God's people following Moses death. I believe it is a promise for all of us. God said to Joshua, "As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. . . . Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."


Keep your eyes open for God, watch for God’s works; be alert for signs of God’s presence. 
Psalm 105:4

LET US PRAY

Show me, Lord. 
Help me notice. 
Your presence with me.
Surprise me, by your nearness. 
Amen


“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE