GOD IS PRESENT!

 MAY 13, 2022






Deuteronomy 31:6

6 So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.”




Acts 2:28

You have made known to me the ways of life;
you will make me full of gladness with your presence.



Over the last two weeks, we have looked through the eyes of scripture and the writings of Brother Lawrence at the theme of Practicing the Presence of God. Thinking about ways we might be more aware of God’s presence. If there’s one truth that has the power to guide us into the richness of life available to us in Christ, it is that God is present. Psalm 139:7-10 says,

Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me."

No matter where you go, no matter what you do, God is with you.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!


Psalm 23:4 says, “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” In the presence of the Lord there is peace and comfort. Throughout every season of your life, God is there ready to empower you, encourage you, strengthen you, and love you. He longs to meet you where you are and provide all the guidance, love, comfort, and encouragement you need.

Isaiah 41:10 says, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” God longs to uphold you through whatever decision, trial, season, or pain you are presently experiencing. He is not a distant God who just gives his children rules and tells them to go through life on their own. He is not a far-off Creator who leaves his creation to its own devices. He is working presently in our midst to direct us toward the fullness of life in Jesus.

Today, experience the nearness of God, maybe use some of the things we have talked about recently, and walk today in communion and awareness with your God who is present always. Remember our little prayer “Surely God is in this place, Help me notice.”



REFLECT


● This week I sensed Sacred Presence when I…

● This week I savoured God’s Presence when I…

● This week I found it hard to notice the Sacred because I…

● This week when I sensed and savoured God’s Presence it made me feel…

● This week I sensed God’s Presence in an unexpected place…

● I’m finding I tend to “notice” when I’m…

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE