CALL OUT

JUNE 14, 2022





Jeremiah 33:3

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’


Parents and Grandparents know that young children are the most enquiring people on the planet. While at times their questions maybe never ending they do ask some toughies. What is so wonderful about this, to me, is that children are filled with awe about their surroundings and continually asking their questions about what, where, when, why, how, etc. Every time I witness this I am reminded that I have lost that sense of awe and wonder in my life.

On the weekend, we had a birthday party for my granddaughter Elina, and I noticed the interaction between her brother, Mateo and their loving family members. For Mateo, the question seemed be mostly why (?) for example, Why can I hear the airplane but not see it?

I was impressed by the patience of us all answering these kinds of questions. I wonder if the answers are not what is important. Quite honestly, I am not sure Mateo understood our answers fully. As I watched, and participated, I had the thought that maybe what is important is that as a family we were making space to be available to hear and answer the questions as though we had all the time in the world.

Our verse above teaches something like that. God has invited us to ask Him all the questions we want. That’s amazing, isn’t it? To think that the God who created all things, has all the time in the world to answer our questions.

I need to acknowledge here that not everyone has had the patient family who were always ready to take questions. If you have had parents that weren't available to answer your questions when you were younger, you might think that God will respond the same way to you.

The truth is that God is Our Father in the most perfect sense of the word, and He invites us to ask our questions and His promise to us, that we read above is that He will not just answer us but he will show us great and unsearchable things!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE