ACT 4: 911



MARCH 7, 2022

 

Today's act is incredibly practical and simple: find a need and meet it. Now. Today.

Put the word out in your social media group today – ask what needs people have right now. Look at community facebook posts, or on the NEIGHBOR app perhaps someone is posting a need they have. It might be simple: picking up some groceries, fixing a leaky tap, or a ride to an appointment. They might just need a listening ear. Whatever small thing you can do for someone else today, do it.

Contact one of our local foodbanks/ shelter’s/ other community agencies near you, and find out what supplies they're running low on today. It might be food, bedding, craft supplies or toilet paper and cleaning products. Then drop a care package off to them.

‘A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.’ (John 13:34–35 NIV)

I believe that kindness is often an under-appreciated gift. And “random acts of kindness”, no matter how small, are always appreciated because they show that someone cares. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, ’A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.’

Wherever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness and to make a difference. And sometimes it doesn’t have to be a practical gift. I can tell you that on several occasions I have found little notes, hand made word searches or drawings on my office desk from children and adults in our church, these are beautiful acts of kindness with encouraging scriptures or words, that lift my spirit and remind me of the importance of community.

 

So, be on the look out for those God-given opportunities to live out Jesus’ command. There’s no shortage of needs around us and today you might be the “911 call” someone needs.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE