LIKE A WATERFALL


 JULY 5, 2022





ROMANS 5:5

this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

EPHESIANS 3:18

may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. 19 May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully.


Perhaps this summer, or in a summer past, you have visited Niagara Falls. It is amazing isn’t it? I am talking about the volumes of water that pour over the edge of the escarpment and crash down on the rocks below. I have read that 2580704.48 litres (681,750 gallons) of water goes over just the Horseshoe Falls section of Niagara each and every second. Every Second!! I can’t figure out how that is even          
measured. I have been there is Fall, Spring, Summer, and Winter. I have been there in the morning, afternoon, evening, even late at night. Do you know what I noticed? The water just keeps coming, it just never ends.

That is the image I think of when I read the promise that God continues to pour His love into our hearts by His Holy Spirit. His love for us is a rushing river of compassion, goodness, grace that never ends. I must tell you that is a great image of God’s actions toward me and you, but I still struggle to comprehend the greatness of God. I often struggle to find the words to sufficiently describe this love. I figure we are all a little that way.

That is why we need the help of the Holy Spirit. In Ephesians 3, Paul prays that we would be rooted and grounded in love and that we would have power to grasp how big and wide and high and deep is His love for us in Jesus Christ.


My prayer for us today is that by the Holy Spirit we would indeed comprehend God's Amazing love for us, and live out of that love every moment.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE