THIS IS THE WAY . . . HOME


 

JULY 28, 2023


 

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight.


I Will Guide You on the Right Path


Have you every taken a long trip for a summer vacation? You know the kind of trip that takes a few days to reach the destination. I have made a few such trips in our beautiful Canada, and on every long journey, I have noticed that there are many moments when I get tired, impatient, worried, or disoriented, and I wonder whether I have lost the way. I will be honest even with a GPS, I have been off track.  Have you ever had such feelings and experiences?

Today in our reading we hear that God promises to keep us on the right path through the challenges that come our way. Those times where we feel at a loss, confused, perplexed, and disorientated. This is an amazing promise! Agree?

Now notice all this Bible passage asks of us is to Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him.  God asks that we let go of our ideas and assumptions of what’s right and good and best and follow the “straight path” God has for us.

When we do, I believe with all my heart, there will be no "off road" treks or time wasting detours, rather God will guide us safely to our destination on the most direct path. God Promises!!

Psalm 32:8

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
    I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.


REFLECT 

Can you think of a time when you leaned on your own understanding? How did it turn out?

What’s one area in your life that you need to submit to God and trust him?

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE