IT'S A NEW DAY

 



JULY 14, 2023


Lamentations 3:22-23

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”

 

I Will Have Compassion on You

 

Do you ever have those days that are so wonderful and enjoyable that you don’t want it to end? How about those days that are so hard and difficult that you just want it to end so you can begin again. The good news we find in our verse today is we can begin again.

Our reading is such a precious promise, telling us that every day is a new opportunity to experience God’s love and mercy. God never runs out of compassion or wearies of helping and sustaining us. Our God is reliable, faithful, constant, and steadfast. God promises that because of his “Great Love” we are not consumed or destroyed.

When we know this to be true, we can confess the words of Lamentations 3:24 that “The Lord is my portion; therefore, I will wait for him.” (NIV) Another translation puts vs 24 this way, I really like this, “Deep in my heart I say, “The Lord is all I need;  I can depend on him!” (CEV) Yes we will have awesome days, yes we will have some hard days but in all of life we can depend on our covenant God, he is all we need.

REFLECT

Sometimes, the only way to know a promise is true is to act on it. How can you treat today like it really is a fresh start? What would you do differently today if you knew and believed that God’s love and compassion never fail?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE