FINDING OUR RYTHMN

 


JUNE 6, 2024


Matthew 11:28-30

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 


FINDING OUR RYTHMN

 

Jesus invited, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." In times of exhaustion, defeat, and emptiness, this is "Good News." We can seek and find comfort and rest as we allow ourselves some breathing space to connect with God. 

The intention of our devotions this week has been to remind us of the tremendous gift that God has given to us in the call to slow down and rest. This isn't a "do as I say" command, rather it is a "do as I do" invitation. I mean think about this if the creator rested after the work of creation, it should be not only OK, but perhaps even necessary for us to find rest as well. 

Creating space for stillness and rest now can lead to a rhythm of life that allows for daily rejuvenation. It's something we all need, isn't it?

“How do I refresh my soul and rest in God?” you may be asking. Where do I begin? Here are some practical ways to find rest for your soul:

Prayer: Set aside time for prayer and slow down your pace. As Jesus said in Matthew 11, "Come to me... and you will find rest."

Remove Distractions:
 Our routines and habits can sometimes become overwhelming or serve as distractions. These distractions vary from person to person. By limiting or eliminating these distractions, we can find rejuvenation.

Bible Study: Engaging oneself in the Scriptures is a path to deepen our relationship with God. The Bible is filled with stories of hope, serenity, and mercy that provide strength and guidance in the midst of our hectic lives.

Practice Thankfulness: Practicing gratitude can be a source of rest for the soul. Often, we are so preoccupied with our next tasks or objectives that we lose sight of the present moment and our spiritual connection, leading to exhaustion.

Be Still: Taking time to embrace the silence can be vital. Venture into nature and bask in the marvels of creation. Find peace in the stillness of His presence.

Here the promise of Jesus once again,

“Come to me, all you who are weary 
and burdened, and I will give you rest." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

ARE YOU TOO BUSY FOR JESUS?