HE IS ABLE

 MARCH 2, 2023



Hebrews 2:16-18

16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Read that last sentence (verse 18) again.
Now, take a deep cleansing breath and say, “Thank you, Jesus. You know what I am going through.”

We will never fully understand the tension Jesus experienced being fully God and fully human. But we can know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he understands what it means to live in this world. To have fear. To suffer loss. To be misunderstood. To love and then be betrayed. But also, to laugh. To surprise those you love. Experience joy. To be at peace in the storm.

Now, take that deep cleansing breath again and say, “Thank you, Jesus. You know what I am going through.”

LET US PRAY

Come Holy Spirit and be with me now. Thank you, LORD, for knowing what I am going through. I am (wrestling with, excited about, tested by, fearful of) _____________. (fill in the blank). Please help me.

Thank you, Jesus, for becoming human. Thank you for giving up all you did to experience what I experience. Transform my heart to be more like yours. May I be renewed by remembering you are present always and want to lead us toward abundant living. Thank you for being so very near. AMEN

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FUN with GOD

BE ENCOURAGED

METEORIC LOVE